This Policy notifies you of: (a) what personal information of yours is collected when you access this website and/or use the Services; (b) how the information is collected; (c) how the information is used and shared; (d) our efforts to maintain the security of Sensitive Information; and (e) other details concerning your personal information and our policies.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that pcerrorpedia.com does not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage. Information contained in this Policy may be changed or updated without notice at any time.
1. Information Collection and Use
Information collected is stored in a single, secure database, accessible only by pcerrorpedia.com. Pcerrorpedia.com collects information from our paying members (“Members”) or other persons who use, attempt to use, or access pcerrorpedia.com’s Services (“Users”):
Information that may be gathered online
This Site may collect three types of information from users who visit the Site:
(1) information gathered by analyzing page views and user navigation patterns, and
(2) information that users provide directly when they use any of our Services. We use page view and navigation information to ensure that users can find information on our web sites as quickly as possible. We use information collected when users upload documents to check their qualifications and verify their identity, as well as for billing purposes.
Certain other services may also require collecting personal information and/or registration. These services include, but are not limited to, subscribing to any of our mailing lists. If you choose not to register and provide personal information, you may not have access to those areas or products that require registration information.
2. Methods we Use for Gathering Information: Usage Tracking
Pcerrorpedia.com analyzes user traffic patterns throughout its Sites. We do not attempt to identify individual visitors to our web sites, but we may collect data on general types of users based on domain name or browser type. This information is obtained directly from the user’s web browser identification information.
3. Our Services
When a user registers for certain services, the user may be asked to provide certain information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, zip code, telephone number, email address, credit card or checking account number, and credit card expiration date. Once you register with us, you are not anonymous to us.
A cookie is a short line of text that is created by a web site and stored in a file on your computer. Cookies are used to store information about your preferences and activity during and after your visit to a web site. Cookies are also used widely in electronic commerce programs to keep track of which items a user has selected for purchase. Cookies cannot gather any information from your computer other than which you provide directly or that which is provided routinely by your browser software. Any user has the right and ability to refuse or delete cookies. However, such refusal or deletion may prevent the user from properly using the site’s cookie-dependent features.
5. Use of Information
Information we collect is generally used for the following purposes:
1. To build features that will make the services available on our site easier to use. This includes faster search requests, better member support and timely notice of new services and special offers.
2. To improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our sites content, layout, and services. These uses improve our Services and better tailor them to meet your needs.
3. To resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use. At times, we may look across multiple members or users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your information to identify members using multiple Member Ids or aliases.
4. Sharing of Information. Except as otherwise provided herein, the information we collect from you is shared with our marketing partners or other third parties. We may use the personal information that you supply to us and we may work with other third parties to bring selected retail opportunities to you via direct mail, email and telemarketing. pcerrorpedia.com may sell or rent aggregated statistical information and user, member or former member specific information, including name, address, telephone number and payment information, to our marketing partners or other third-parties. If you want pcerrorpedia.com to stop sharing information it has about you in the future, you may notify us of this fact by contacting pcerrorpedia.com’s Member Services department at support AT pcerrorpedia.com.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information, including Sensitive Information, when we believe that such disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or a request by a government official, to protect the rights or property of pcerrorpedia.com, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use. In the event that pcerrorpedia.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, member information and Sensitive Information may be some of the transferred assets.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from member lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing member services. They have access to personal and Sensitive Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
7. Special Offers and Announcements
We send all new members a welcoming email or other notification to verify password and username. Active members and former members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter.
Pcerrorpedia.com takes every precaution to protect our users and members’ Sensitive Information, both online and offline. Your Sensitive Information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
Sensitive Information is also protected offline in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or member services representative) are granted access to Sensitive Information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security practices and changes in those practices. Finally, the servers that we store Sensitive Information on are kept in a secure environment. If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to support AT pcerrorpedia.com.
Every User who has an account on this Site is responsible for (i) keeping his or her account password confidential and secured, (ii) restricting access to his or her computer; and (iii) keeping the e-mail address associated with that account current.
9. Other Sites
Pcerrorpedia.com forwards users and members to other sites. Please be aware that this website and pcerrorpedia.com may not be responsible for the business and privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the legal notices and privacy policies of each and every website you visit.
10. Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a Members’ personal information changes we will endeavor to provide a way to correct or update that members personal data provided to us. This can usually be done by contacting our Member Services Department.
Notification of Changes:
If we decide to change our Policy, we will post these changes on this website or provide other notification of our revised Policy so our users and members are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and when we disclose it.
12. Children’s Online Privacy Protection
This website serves general users of the World Wide Web. This Site is intended for adult or adult supervised use. We support and comply with the Children’s Online Protection Act (COPPA) and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor do we share such information with third parties. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE PERSONS 13 YEARS OF AGE OR YOUNGER PERMITTED TO SUBMIT CONTACT, DEMOGRAPHIC OR BILLING INFORMATION. Children under the age of 18 may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
This document last updated: 08/04/10